Searching for your next vehicle can be daunting, especially if you’re looking at used cars. If you’re unsure what to look for when buying a used car, don’t worry—we have you covered with our used car buying checklist. Start by deciding which features are essential. For example, if you have young children, you may need a car with three rows of seating. You may want a car with excellent gas mileage if you have a long commute to work.
Determine your budget. We provide access to hundreds of excellent used vehicles for just $500 down. Check out our inventory online or visit our Glendale or Van Buren dealerships in person to choose from hundreds of cars, trucks, minivans and SUVs.
What to Look For When Evaluating a Used Vehicle
Here, we’ve provided a checklist of features and elements to consider when shopping for the perfect used vehicle. Keep this used car buying checklist handy as you search for your next pre-owned vehicle.
1. Research the car’s history. You should be aware of any accidents or other issues affecting the car’s performance and lifespan. You can access this information by running a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) check on the car, which will provide you with an accurate report of its past.
2. Read reviews. Check out comparison guides and other publications that provide details about the vehicle’s performance and features, as well as first-hand accounts of how the car stands the test of time.
3. Inspect the vehicle in person. Pay attention to whether the doors, windows and hatch or trunk work properly and look carefully at the tires. Check the windshield for cracks and chips.
4. Check the lights and gauges. Start the car and look for a check-engine light or other warning lights on the dash. Listen to the engine. It should run smoothly without knocking or producing smoke. Make sure all of the electronics work properly. If the car is equipped with Apple CarPlay or Android Auto, make sure you can connect your phone.
5. Take the vehicle for a test drive. Make sure it shifts smoothly, steers straight, and the brakes are appropriately responsive. Test the heat and air conditioning. If you need to use car seats for young children, install them in the vehicle to make sure there’s enough room for your family.
Let Us Help You Get the Vehicle You Want
Shopping for a quality used vehicle doesn’t need to be overwhelming or stressful—start by checking out our inventory online. Drive Now provides simple financing options, no matter your credit status. We specialize in helping Arizona residents find high-quality pre-owned cars, trucks, or SUVs at great prices.
Getting approved for a car loan can be tough if you have no credit or have had past credit problems. We help people with credit challenges get the financing they need. Our network of lenders provides access to low rates, fast approvals, and flexible terms. Contact our team of Custom Credit Professionals today to get started.